Hearty Rüblischmarrn (a German dish)
- 3 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 200g carrots
- 4 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 120g flour
- 100g diced bacon
- Salt, pepper, oil
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan without oil until they are golden and give off a light fragrance.
- Peel the carrots and grate finely.
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Blend the egg yolks and milk. Stir in the flour, grated carrots and bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper. Fold in the beaten egg white.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Fry the dough at medium heat.
- Cut into rough pieces and finsih frying.
Tastes great with tomato salad.