Fried Hokkaido pumpkin
For 4 persons
- 1 Hokkaido pumpkin
- 8 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp of soya sauce
- 2 peeled and pressed garlic cloves
- Wash the pumpkin, cut it into quarters and remove cores.
- Cut the pumpkin into slices and place the pieces on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Prepare out of the remaining ingredients a marinade.
- Spread one half of the marinade onto the pumpkin slices.
- Bake for around 20-30 minutes at 180°C.
- Now and then spread on the remaining marinade.
- Test whether the pumpkin slices are done regularly: The pumpkin slices should be soft but still offer a little resistance.
Chef’s tip: Serve with pita as a main or side dish.