For 4 persons
- 1 can sauerkraut (approx. 850 ml)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 200g ham
- 100g fried onions
- 1 bayleaf, 2 juniper berries, pepper, nutmeg
- After draining the sauerkraut, mix it with the bayleaf and juniper berries.
- Cut the bell pepper and some bread into rough pieces.
- Cut the ham into bite-sized pieces.
- Fry the ham in hot oil, add the bell pepper pieces.
- Place the sauerkraut, ham and bell pepper pieces in a roasting dish. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread the bread pieces and fried onions over the top.
- Cook at 160°C covered for about 35 minutes. Remove the lid and continue cooking for 10 minutes.