Spelt with cheese
For 4 persons
- 60g frozen spinach
- 2 eggs
- 60 – 100ml water
- 300g spelt flour
- 100g onions
- 100g grated emmental cheese
- Salt, nutmeg, garlic, butter
- Mix the spinach with eggs, spices and water.
- Stir in the spelt flour and mix them together into a smooth dough.
- Leave to swell for about 20 minutes.
- Peel and dice the onions and garlic. Sauté them in butter until translucent.
- Pour the dough through a spätzle strainer into salted boiling water.
- Boil shortly, take them out with a skimmer and allow them to drip off.
- Place in a greased casserole together with the onions.
- Sprinkle it with cheese.
- Bake at 180° for about 20-30 minutes.