Chicken with bamboo, pineapple and nuts
For 4 persons
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 tin of pineapple slices (820ml)
- 125g bamboo shoots
- 200g different sorts of nuts
- Tomato purée
- Soya sauce
- Sambal Olek
- Peanut oil
- Freshly ground pepper, sugar
- Mix the soya sauce, salt and pepper into a marinade.
- Cut the chicken breast into strips and leave to stand in the marinade for about 1/2 an hour.
- Cut each pineapple slice into 6 sections. Collect the pineapple juice and make up to 1/2 a litre with water.
- Drain the meat and fry in hot oil. Take out the meat and keep it warm.
- Sauté the nuts briefly in the pan. Add the pineapples and bamboo shoots. Heat up briefly. Put them over the meat.
- Let the pineapple juice with tomato purée boil up briefly.
- Season until piquant with sugar, pepper, Sambal Olek and soya sauce.
- Briefly boil it up once again and pour it over the meat.
Chef’s tip: Serve with rice or noodles.