Kaiserschmarrn with oranges
For 4 persons
- 8 eggs
- 5 tbsp. of sugar
- 300ml buttermilk
- 200g flour
- Gravy powder vanilla
- 5 oranges
- Powdered sugar
- Seperate eggs. Stir egg yolks, 2 tbsp. of sugar, buttermilk and salt.
- Stir in flour and gravy powder. Let it shortly swell.
- Peel 4 oranges and cut into pieces.
- Squeeze 1 orange (about 150ml). Warm it up.
- Add some orange pieces, mash it then leave to cool.
- Beat the egg white until stiff and fold into the dough.
- Heat the butter, add 1/4 dough, bake on both sides golden-brown.
- Cut it with 2 forks into large pieces, keep it warm.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Serve the Kaiserschmarrn with the stewed fruit, dust with powdered sugar.